The BioMax® System: Our Difference
Our BioMax® Gasification System converts carbon-rich, biomass feedstocks into a clean gas - called "syngas."
Unlike thermal energy derived from incineration of organic feedstocks, the BioMax® syngas is a clean burning, renewable gas.
zero-waste, clean gasification. No incineration.
Our gasification technology creates an extremely low level of tar, meaning the systems requires zero water for gas cleanup and produces no waste water, unlike most gasification systems.
carbon negative energy generation.
From the feedstock entering the system to the electricity produced by the installed generator sets, the BioMax® system is carbon negative. Each BioMax® unit sequesters one ounce of carbon per kWh, or approximately 35 tons of sequestered carbon each year, safely storing this carbon that would otherwise be released into the atmosphere. In stark contrast, natural gas power plants release approximately 19 ounces of carbon dioxide per kWh.
- Can be configured for numerous energy services including combined heat and power (CHP), gas only (boilers & driers) & cooling.
- Turnkey system, operable 24/7.
- Commercially available & proven technology.
- Built in ISO 20' containers, factory tested, and can be installed in less than a week.
(Customer provides concrete pad plus electrical and thermal inter-connects.)
- Highly efficient, advanced gasifier technology that produces extremely low levels of tar and no other pollutants.
- BioMax® employs dry filter for gas clean-up. It uses no water or oil scrubbers, produces no waste water & requires no waste water treatment system.
- Fully automated, can be remotely controlled, can operate unattended. Important system functions are continuously monitored and logged.
- Low maintenance: requires approximately 30-45 minutes per day for maintenance and to prepare feedstock.
- Compact footprint: 30ft x 30ft (10m x 10m) - unlike most renewable energy systems of comparable power output.
- Meets EPA requirements.
- Reduces or eliminates "waste" disposal costs.
- Produces high-quality biochar byproduct.
Community Power Corporation (CPC), established in 1995, is a wholly owned subsidiary of SynTech Bioenergy LLC and is the world's leading developer and supplier of small, modular biomass gasification systems.
CPC’s was the first company world-wide to:
- Deploy automated, modular biopower systems capable of operating unattended in Energy Services Company (ESCO) applications.
- Manufactures complete, turn key modular biopower systems in standard ISO containers.
- Develop on-site energy independence solutions that can produce power, heat and cooling.